John C. Kirk (johnckirk) wrote,
John C. Kirk
johnckirk

Weight Watchers

Another week on the diet (more or less, since I went over quota again), and I've lost another 0.4kg, bringing me down to 85.7kg. That's lower than it was a fortnight ago, i.e. it cancels out the increase from last week, which is good.

Meanwhile, I've been getting slightly disillusioned by the points database on the WW website, since I've been finding some inaccuracies in it. For instance, I recently had pasta for dinner: "Asda Good for you! tomato & mozzarella penne al forno". If I enter that as "1 pack", it comes out as 7.5 points. If I enter it as 400g (the mass listed on the packaging), it comes out as 6.5 points. If I then enter the nutritional info into the calculator, it comes out as 7 points. So, which is it? They're all roughly the same, so it's not a huge problem, but there is a cumulative effect. I had a similar problem a while back, when I bought one of the Weight Watchers branded pizzas at the supermarket (garlic mushroom), which says "6 points value" on the box, but is listed on the website as 7 points. If I put the nutritional info into the calculator, that comes out at 6 points, so I assume that the database entry is wrong. I emailed them to report this on 19th April, and I had a reply back the following day saying "It's likely that the nutritional information has changed and then website will be corrected in the next upload, which will take place in a month or two."
a) It's now been almost two months, and the database info is still wrong.
b) It should not take that long to update a website!
Anyway, I'll stick with it for now, but I'm not impressed.
Tags: diet
Subscribe
  • Post a new comment

    Error

    Anonymous comments are disabled in this journal

    default userpic

    Your reply will be screened

    Your IP address will be recorded 

  • 0 comments