- MCSD Visual Basic 5 Exam Cram
- Java in a Nutshell (covers Java 1.0)
- Teach yourself Java in 21 days (JDK 1.0)
- Programming with TopSpeed Modula-2
- TopSpeed Modula-2 manual
- Exchange Server Training Kit (v5.0/5.5)
- Windows 95 Resource Kit
- Windows 95 Secrets
- MCSE Training Guide - Windows 95
- Office 97 - User Certification Study Guide
N.B. The reason I'm getting rid of these is that they're basically out of date.
* Visual Basic is now two versions ahead, and that exam's been discontinued
* Java is now up to v1.4 (Michelle said it would do more harm than good to read the old ones, unless your machine can't run v1.4)
* I haven't encountered Modula-2 since I left university
* The Office 97 user exams (MOUS) have been discontinued
* The Windows 95 exam has been discontinued
* The latest version of Exchange is 2000
It's hard to throw books away, because they're books - if that doesn't make sense, I can't explain it :) However, Lorna had a cunning plan - donate them to a charity shop. That way, if they can't find anyone who wants them, then they get the guilt of chucking them out! So, if anyone wants any, let me know (first come, first served). If not, I'll pass them on to a charity shop at the next convenient opportunity.
So, I've now cleared some more floor space, which is good. I've also found some odd stuff buried at the bottom of piles. There was the letter about renewing my road tax (for motorbike) - I wound up being over a month late with that, because I couldn't find the letter anywhere (turned out that I didn't actually have to have it to register). See previous entry. Nice to know that it didn't actually disappear! Also found some random Physics notes, that never made it into my file - probably would have been more useful to find them before my exams, but hey...
And aside from that, watching several Buffy/Angel episodes, courtesy of sulkyblue. Good stuff :)